Thursday, August 21, 2008

Alright, let's be honest...

...I am scared of college. Though scared isn't even really the right word. I think I simply just am feeling not ready. I just had a dream where I was in high school and sitting hanging out with friends and memorible other seniors and we were all having fun at a resterant I think it was. We were all loud and very proud of that and singing to eachother chants across the room, it was all a good time. And then we all got up and left and then I realized how much I would miss all them and miss all of this. In reality, I just don't think I've let it go yet and that's why I haven't been enthusiastic about college. I was denying why or just not looking at why I was feeling that way, but this is why. And the hardest thing is I know that isn't not the actual high school I miss (if I went there, "looking" for whatever I feel I'm missing, I would never find it there) but its the people and experiences of crazy bizzarly fun adolesent high school stuff. I know It's strange to say you're old at 18, but it seems like I should be like Pennie Lane and be retired. I feel like I already have a big experation date and am just washed out (though I know the opposite is true). I have much more to live for and its only the begining of life, really. But, I am absolutly terrified, and I'm not letting myself know it. Which is bad--its bad to stifle yourself like this, and I do it without even realizing it. I think I need to chill and get focused and have fun. And listen to Steph when she says Sierra is like High School number 2. But I'm still scared. Pray all this comes back to normal full circle as the first day of Sierra starts on Monday, Aug. 25th. 3 days away...

2 comments:

Steph said...

You will be GREAT in college! Really! But you sound a lot like Jon here, just scared to live life. I shared a Finding Nemo philosophy with him the other day. When Marlin and Dory are hanging on the whale's tongue Marlin yells "I promised to never let anything happen to him!" and Dory says "well that's a funny thing to promise...if you never let anything happen to him, then nothing would EVER happen to him!" You have to take risks to get great rewards.

lilbailey said...

Good Nemo philosophy! When Marlin is like but how will you know that nothing bad will happen, and Dory says "I don't." And he lets go of the fishy tounge.