Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My July 4th-July 6th Weekend

Okay, I was going to Copy and Paste, but stupid blog won't let me!
So here's my link to my LJ where I post. Actually that won't work because I set it to friends only because random people were commenting, which was creepy. Argh, maybe you could make an LJ account to read my stuff. I use the LJ because I like the formatting better, especially now after I can't even copy and paste, what's the deal with that? Oh wait, I figured it out! (See below, you have to go to "Edit Html", still lame, but it will do). On to the post!


Okay, so July 4th was good! Went over to a girl named Tallon's house, which by the way is flippin' gorgeous. It's big and spacey with a big awesome green backyard, they even have a stream, and a big deck that goes all the way around to a cool little joined home. It so reminded me of a 1920's summer home, with wood panneling and whatnot and I was like okay, I want to live here, or at least it gave me great ideas on my future home one day.

It was a lot of fun, a lot of people came, we waded in the stream and played volleyball, I wasn't that great, but I didn't suck either. Then we went over to the young married couple with-hipper-active-child, Dustin and April, and we went over to the nearby park and sat on blankets, where they set off fireworks. I had never seen fireworks up so close, because they were doing them right in the park, and it was such a nice night, not too hot, not too cold.

Then my Sunday was very good. Went to church, then heard my friend Beth is going to Florida on her mission, woo! But the real fun began when we went over to Tallon's to help clean up. After we scrubbed all the BBQ she said we were going to go somewhere, but she wouldn't tell us where, just gave me a sweatshirt, and began to pack a whole bunch of drinks and candy, warned us it would be a late night, got flashlights, and grabbed her giant truck.

There were 6 of us: Tallon, me, Matt, Jake, two others....a girl and a guy, I can't remember their names to save my life! But in my defence I had met them right before we left, and they were cool so it was alright. After driving for an hour, she finally revielled to us (well the people I don't remember their names knew where) about the waterfall, we got to a camping site, parked and walked, but by this time it was dark and we asked the people actually camping there which path to take. They said it was marked, but there also were a lot of fallen trees, so...we wandered in the dark a while, with only two flashlights (we weren't all that prepared, but no worries because Matt's a boy scout *snort*). And nameless boy kept mentioning this is the perfect place for a horror movie, it was funny not scary, and we all got roles of who we were, I was the quiet, unexpected hero, Jake was the first to die because he is part Mexican, who's gonna be the first one to loose their virginity and die, ect.

So all in the dark mind you, and half of us in flip flops, we walked the bumpy, rocky, rooty way. Matt went first and found the little cliff side, and a semi safe way down. We got to the cliff close to the waterfall, and it sounded great, but we couldn't see it. Still we all sat up there for an hour, ate candy and drank soda, while Jake and I tried to sing songs, but I don't know any so we were sort of unsuccessful, or at least my half was, though everyone clapped for us when we sang "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid, me doing harmonies and the "la la la"'s, so that was nice. And I was extremely cold because I was in a skirt and I'm little anyways, so Jake put his arm around me very inoccently and then called out to everyone he was getting second base, and if I knew before I certainly knew now that I will never date Jake, he's nice and I guess we're good friends, but things about him bug me too much, namely his immaturity.

Then we all cleaned up our trash and walked back. Being super tired and high on sugar and the caffeine in the rootbeer, I realize why I don't eat a lot of candy or drink caffeine, especially when I'm super tired (11:30ish at this point): I'm terribly unstable, especially on bumpy ground, in the dark. I stumbled a lot and felt drunk and really dorky, hehe. And sort of alienated because essentially we were all "coupled up" and I wasn't happy. So we walked back and it wasn't too bad, especially after your eyes adjusted and the moon was super full. Matt giggled at me and said I was all blankets, because I had a hoodie and a blanket wrapped around me, keeping warm. We practically all feel in and out of concious on the way back, and when it was 12:00 we sang Happy Birthday to Tallon because Monday was her Birthday :) We got back to her place and my feet were so dirty, it was icky. I washed when I got home. And then went to sleep ASAP. So this was 1. Yay adventure! Next time though, I'm taking a flashlight.

Oh and also July 5th was my Mom's Birthday, but she was in Utah so I couldn't celebrate it with her, but I text and called, so :) And I talked to her on Monday and she said she had a good time. So I think when she gets back tomorrow, I'll watch "Sleeping Beauty" with her, like what I was going to do before she left, it's one of her favorites.

Also, I want this cake topper for my future wedding, no joke. This is the most awesome thing I have ever seen:

1 comment:

Steph said...

WOW. Sounds like a crazy weekend/thing! And yah, that's why Jake and I are not really friends. And are you planning to have a Frankenstein themed wedding???