Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'll break your heart To keep you far from where all danger starts Where atmosphere gets crazy.

Ahh, lets see. I always still have homework to do. So yay college. Besides that life is just there, and most of the time there's not that much excitement going on. New favorite whatnot: Warpaint. The band from LA, of whom Jon says "imagines none of them wearing shoes". They have a pyschdelic folky sound and are (or were) an all girl band (except for now posssibly the drummer, or something, according to their Myspace), and a good one at that, which makes them even cooler. And Johnny Fru mixed their EP, which unfortunatly I can't get because since they're unsigned, its only avaiable at their shows, which of course are all down south 7 hours. The ONLY upsides to such places as LA, NYC, all that are they are the primes of art culture, or real culture in general. Downside: nothing happens where I am. :( I feel like im an artist by nature, I'm creative and a little odd, and I love being around that, but not at the price of moving to such a Babylon as LA. So bummer. Maybe we should make our own avent-garde place. *sigh* One day maybe. As for now I'll own my skill and keep on dreaming.

Also, I'd love to learn the guitar. Future goal.

Title from Warpaint "Elephants".

No comments: