Tuesday, January 13, 2009

School, Books, and Bald Headed Men

School started this week! And its good! I'm feeling pretty optimistic about everything in life, really, which is super good. Michelle is happy :)

Classes are:
Mon/Wednesday: English Short Story, Art Intro to Drawing
Tues/Thurs: English 1B, Earth Science

That's another thing that I enjoy about college: usually no school on Friday! Unless you decide to take a class of course, but let's not go down that route.

Ooo, and I finished "An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green. One word: Amazing. :) I enjoyed it so much, and its incredible to think how much he improved from his 1st book ("Looking for Alaska") to his 2nd ("Katherines" above); in no way was his first book bad, but his second one was just really great and entertaining in every possible way I can think of, really. Which makes me even more excited to read his third book entitled "Paper Towns" which I just got for Christmas from Jon and Steph. So I recommend the writings of John Green highly. If you can, get some of his stuff, go and do. Now. Like seriously. Now.

However, school must come first before fun enjoyment reading, but that's fine because I'm ready to really focus and work hard this term (unlike last term's fiasco, blah. I didn't study and it kicked me in the butt). On another nice note of school, Fish and I share a break on Tues/Thurs so I get good quality hang out time with Fish! (who's quite an attractive bald man, bless him. I'm kind of a sucker for bald headed men: Dennis, Nate, and George from Flogging Molly, Chad from the Chili Peppers, its all good to me).

2 comments:

Steph said...

HAHA I will laugh so hard if you marry someone bald. Nothing personal to them, but just the fact that you like bald men is new to me :) Good luck with school! Your classes don't actually sound too bad! Earth Science is the only one I wouldn't like too much. How are your English teachers? How is your art class?? Am I asking too many questions?

lilbailey said...

Like as in...find ammusing? Maybe not like like, but I dunno, at least they aren't offputting.
There is no such thing as too many questions! English short story is cool, English 1B goes bipolar and at times I think she's okay and then a second later she scares me. You've got to really be on your toes (I'm more used to the hands off approach my former English teacher had *sigh* I miss him). Art class is good. I'm so rusty in the drawing department, but I'm getting back in the swings of things. And my Earth Science teacher is part Argentia (father), and speaks English with a slight Scottish accent (mother). He's the farthest thing from uninteresting. So far so good!